2020 Election Results
Dear ASP Members,
It is my pleasure to announce the incoming officers of the American Society of Parasitologists, as elected by the membership.
• Dr. Tamara J. Cook, Sam Houston State University
Dr. Cook will serve as Vice President in 2020-2021, President-Elect in 2021-2022, President in 2022-2023, and Immediate Past President in 2023-2024
• Dr. Jillian Detwiler, University of Manitoba
• Dr. Kelly Weinersmith, Rice University
The Council Members-at-large serve four-year terms as voting members of Council.
Nominating and Tellers Committee:
• Dr. Christina Anaya (Chair), Northern Michigan University
• Dr. Shelly Michalski, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
• Dr. Autumn Smith-Herron, Sam Houston State University
• Dr. Sara Weinstein, University of Utah
• Dr. Michael Zimmerman, Shenandoah University
• Dr. Katrina Pagenkopp Lohan (alternate), Smithsonian Environmental
The Nominating and Tellers Committee nominates members to stand for election as ASP Officers and reports the results of the elections to Council.
Student Member-At-Large (Student Representative to Council):
• Ms. Maggie Doolin, University of Utah
The Student Member-At-Large serves a one-year term as a voting member of Council.
I congratulate our incoming officers and thank those that stood for office but were not elected for their willingness to serve our Society.
Finally, the persons named above are the officers that you, the membership, elected to lead ASP. I thank all the members that voted and encourage those that did not to exercise their right to vote in future elections. Selecting the officers of our Society is critical, and all members should participate in this process.
Julián F. Hillyer, Ph.D.
President, American Society of Parasitologists